“The second exam measures not only the ethical content of the practitioner but everything a management professional needs to know to manage a collection of investments in their portfolio.”
-Jack Cohen, CRI, CMB, President and CEO of Cohen Financial
The Charter examination is the second step toward earning your CRI Charter and demonstrating your commitment to ethics-based competency in commercial real estate.
Charter Fast Facts:
- The Exam is 125 multiple-choice questions
- The Exam focuses on the concepts of real estate portfolio management
- Each candidate has two opportunities to pass the exam within an 18-month period for only one exam fee
- Charter Exam Cost is $795
Take the Charter Exam
The CRI Charter Candidate Guide provides a candidate a focused direction in preparing to sit for the Charter exam. The Mortgage Bankers’ Association (MBAA) has created an optional study guide specifically geared towards Charter candidates. View all Charter resources.
A brief summary of the test components include:
- 23% Capital Market Instruments (fixed income securities, equities, hybrid instruments)
- 25% Real Estate Asset Management at the Property Level (maximizing value for equity and debt investors)
- 29% Real Estate Asset Management at the Portfolio Level (asset liability management, capital structure, etc.)
- 23% Management of Asset Classes (asset classes and markets, allocation, derivatives, benchmarking)
Additionally, Ethical Conduct questions are interwoven through approximately 31% of the CRI Charter questions.
If you are interested in becoming a Candidate for the CRI Certification and have additional questions, let us know.